Thursday, October 21, 2010

Tara, meditation is essential for life.

This weekend's card was drawn from The Goddess Oracle deck.

The Goddess Speaks:
I sit with my attention focused on my breath. Breathing in and out, inhaling and exhaling. Taking in and letting go, the dance of creation, the dance of the universe, the dance of life. I sit in stillness in focused awareness. Breathing in and out, as the ocean that is life churns and pulses around me, as oceans of incarnations swirl and twirl through me, besides me, all around me. My eyes see all, know all, and watch all. As I breath: Still. Focused. Aware. Centered. -Amy Sophia Marashinsky

Tara is a female Bodhisattva in Tibetan Buddhism. A Bodhisattva is a person who was motivated by compassion and achieved enlightenment. Tara is known as the 'mother of liberation' and represents the virtues of success in work and achievement. She is generally a tantric meditation deity.

She had many forms:
Green Tara, known as the Buddha of enlightened activity.
White Tara, also known for compassion, long life, healing and serenity.
Red Tara, a fierce aspect associated with magnetizing all good things.
Black Tara, associated with power.
Yellow Tara, associated with wealth and prosperity.
Blue Tara, associated with transmutation of anger.

She is here to remind you to keep centered. I once heard the Dalai Lama speak and the one thing he said that really stuck to me me was "If you cannot find time for meditation you will not have time for anything." Many times we forget that meditation is just as important to our health as eating right, exercise, and sleep. So take some time this weekend to think of ways to add a few minutes of meditation to your day. Or if you already have a practise maybe it's time to review it. Are you happy with it? Does it need some fine tuning? Maybe it's time to try something new or change the time of day you practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment